Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Word Vomit Wednesday: We are not home yet

I had some time to read a devotional this morning and this devo talked about discouragement, feelings of futility and the waves of fear. 

We live in a pretty fallen and broken world so it’s inevitable for us to feel discouraged and disheartened at times. God has created this world to be a place of worship unto Him, but it has become a place for so much sin and selfishness. Children are being abused left and right, women are being defiled, men are meant to meet expectations of this world and people are worshiping beauty, sex, fame and money. It seems as though this world is becoming more and more broken and dark by the moment. It’s a really scary world to live in, there are days when I wake up and I feel just so tired of being here. I turn on the news and I see people destroying this beautiful world. I talk to my homeless friend Priscilla and hear about how another woman at a shelter put gunk in her hair and how she tried committing suicide again. It makes me extremely tired. My heart hurts. 

But we are also loved by our high King who is all knowing, perfect and so good. We are in such great hands. He has allowed all of us to experience this pain of the world and the brokenness of this world, and as we were once broken and lost, we are able to to bring healing through Jesus Christ to this world. He has given us His kingdom and we must have ownership! We MUST be the salt and light of this world and really declare the gospel to the ends of the earth. He has given us HIS KINGDOM. “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” -Luke 12:32 And we all know that once this kingdom passes, that we have an eternal kingdom that is waiting for us. 

Have hope my friends! 

We are not home yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment