Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Nightmares

Wow so I haven't blogged in... over a year I think. And I've decided to move from Tumblr to Blogspot. But I will vow to to try to blog once a week... we shall see how that goes.. hahaha 

This past month has been a really difficult one for me, a lot of things happening in my personal life and at work. And it's pretty clear that one of my biggest weaknesses is anxiety. When I'm having a difficult time it gets really hard for me at night - I've had nightmares almost every other night for the past month and I wake up about 3 times throughout the night. I don't know if it's God trying to make me stronger or if it's satan trying to strip me away from my joy but I know that I need to stand firm in Christ's promises to me. I know that worrying does nothing, and as Spurgeon says, "Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths."


So very naturally, I have been clinging onto my savior and spending more time with Him. What Jesus has left us in His bible is very powerful and soul satisfying. 

My goal for this week: resting entirely in the finished work of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment